“One of the Top 50 Most Influential Turkish-Americans”
“Turkish American Policy Expert”
A 1999 Graduate of Istanbul University’s Economics department, Ali has completed his MBA degree at University of New Haven. He also worked as a Research Assistant at the Communication Department and Center of Professional Ethics during his MBA program. He served as the President of the International Students Association for two years at the University, and was awarded the “Outstanding International Student” Award.
Mr. Cinar successfully completed various executive business certificate programs in 2004, 2005 and 2006 at Harvard Business School, MIT and New York University.
Ali Cinar is currently working for Turkish Heritage Organization as Executive Vice President.From security and energy to humanitarian aid, the economy, education and technology, the Turkish Heritage Organization explores the critical issues in the U.S.-Turkey bilateral relationship. He is also Partner at Team of America Consulting firm as a Chief Marketing Officer. In addition, He is also doing a Government Affairs/PR Consulting services for BAU International University/GPI.
He worked for Concord Industries ( a licensee of NFL,MLB,NASCAR, Olympics) as a Marketing Manager between 2002 and 2008. Afterwards, He started to work for a Fortune 500 company-Western Union- as a Marketing Manager responsible for US to Europe and Middle East between 2008-2012. He managed over 500 million dollar business for company’s global operations. He earned six awards within four years from Western Union. After his successful career at Western Union, Cinar worked for a Wall Street Company-Tranfast- as a Marketin/Product Director between 2012-2014.
In addition to his professional responsibilities and educational accomplishments, Mr. Cinar contributes to US-Turkish relations and has built bridges with many other communities in the United States. He has proven leadership qualities, and believes in the importance of being politically active. He is also involved with Charity works such as Save Our Nations( Helping African children who orphaned by Ebola Virus) , Fighting w Cancer, Against Women Violence, Supporting Refugee Children and many more.
In 2004 and 2005, he was an Honorary Guest Speaker about the world economy at the American Coast Guard Military Academy.
Mr. Cinar has a very strong and close relationship at local and federal level officials nationwide. He also organizes successful fundraising events for Members of Congress and Senate since 2008.
Several Non-Profit Organizations in the States have recognized Mr. Cinar for his accomplishments. Between 2007 and 2015, Ali has received various awards from the following associations:
- Assembly of Turkish American Associations Leader of the Year Award, Washington DC
- Southern New England Turkish American Association, CT
- American Society of Azerbaijan, NY
- Central Long Island Chapter Korean War Veterans Association ,NY
- Istanbul University Alumni Association of USA.
- Turkish American Association of Northern Texas,TX
- Philadelphia Turkish American Association ,PA
- One of the TOP 10 Most Successful Young People by Junior Chamber International (JCI) TR (JCI ,partner with United Nations, is a membership-based nonprofit organization of 200,000 young people ages 18 to 40 in 5,000 communities and more than 100 countries around the world)
- New York Giresun Association
- Turkish American Giresun Association
- Mediterranean Turkmen Association
- Turksav Foundation
- Turkish American Women League
- Turkish American Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Forum Newspaper
- Turksoy Foundation ( Turkic World Journalists & Artists Association)
- Azerbaijan American Women League
- Turkish United Democrats Foundation
- Eyup Sultan Cultural Center
- Turkish Consulate of New York
- Turkish American Association of Washington DC
*Ali Cinar as selected “One of the Top 50 Most Influential Turkish-Americans” list by Turk of America Magazine
He has press credentials from New York City, United Nations and US State Department. He writes articles in various ethnic newspapers and online media.
Mr. Cinar remains active in the following associations:
- Executive Vice President of Turkish Heritage Organization, Washington DC
- Co-Founder, World Diaspora Association, New York
- Founder President , Global Policy Institute , Washington ,DC
- Founder President, Turkish American Leadership Council , New York
- Vice President of Azerbaijani American Council, New York
- New York Representative of Turkish Young Businessmen Association of Turkey
- Member of New York Press Club, New York
- Member of United Nations Correspondents Association, New York
- Member of American Public Notary Association
- Founder President of Istanbul University Alumni Association of USA, New York
- Advisor to the President of Azerbaijan Society of America, New York
- Young Professional Member, United Nations Association of the United – States of America (UNA-USA), New York
- Member, Balkan Turks Association,New Jersey
*** Ali Cinar has served at two largest Turkish-American Umbrella Organizations as the President of the Federation of Turkish American Associations (FTAA) between 2012-2014 and Northeast Vice President of the Assembly of Turkish Americans between 2010-2012. He was also the Chairman, Disciplinary Committee at Turkish American Chamber of Commerce & Industry between 2008-2010 and also served as a Treasurer at Turkish PAC Northeast between 2010-2012
A proven bridge-builder, he has developed and maintains strong relationships with the following communities:
- Muslim Communities
- Jewish Community
- Korean Community
- South Asian Community
- Ukrainian Community
- African-American Community
- Native American Community
- Balkans Community such as Macedonians, Albanians and Bulgarians
- Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbek Communities
One of the quotes from New York Congresswoman (D) Yvette Clark about Ali Cinar was ” ” Under the leadership of Ali Cinar, President, this Federation has become a well-known and respected cultural institution in our community, representing more than one million Turkic Americans in the U.S. New York City is known for its diversity with more than 100 nations from around the world represented within our five boroughs.”